17.3.12

My new design books!

During this term we do so much more interesting projects at uni, and I had a research about different fields of graphic design. I looked on the internet and I borrowed books from the library.

Also, I visited some of my favorites bookshops at London, and I bought four fantastic new books! I were been so excited about them, and I wanted to share them with you!

The first one is a book that probably more than the half people of our course have it, and that confirms how valuable could be  for both mapping and the industry projects!

Of course, I am talking about the "Information is Beautiful" by David McCandless!


(Find it on amazon)

This is a book, about information design, and as you can understand is really inspiring for second term projects! Also, I think that there is none copy of this book at the LCC's library, probably because is pretty new. As for me, I think that I need it for more than one project in my life, and it will be good to have it in my personal library.

The second boom that I bought is
"THE AGILE RABBIT BOOK OF HISTORICAL AND CURIOUS MAPS"


(Find it on amazon)

This is a book about -how unexpected!- historical maps. All of them I could say that they are fascinating, but the difference between this book and other with the same contain, is that this edition includes also a CD-ROM that includes all the contains on the book! And is not that all, but in fact all the images are hight quality resolution so a designer could use them into his project!

The third book is about binding by Josep Cambras. And to be more specific is about  "Handmade bookbinding Techniques" as his title points out.


(Find it on amazon)

This book shows step by step a variety of binding techniques! Really helpful and and easily understanding.

Finally, the last book is not focus on this term project, but I thin it's generally connected with the course subject.

"RGB: Reviewing Graphics in Britain" edited by Marc Valli and Richard Brereton, is exactly what his title clearly mention.


(find it on amazon)

I really loved this book because I think that represents all the different styles of the british graphic design. Every few pages, you can see a different designer's work. Also, it gives you their web-sites, so if you wanna research more about their work you can easily do it.






No comments:

Post a Comment